Wednesday 3 June 2009

5 Worst Opening Lines Salespeople Use


















“Don’t wish it was easier. Wish you were better”

- Jim Rohn, Business Philosopher


We’ve all heard them and lately I’ve been hearing them a lot more. So in celebration and awe of mediocrity and procrastination, here are the 5 worst opening lines I’ve heard salespeople use....


5. “Hi, how are you?”

Fine thanks. Just looking.


4. “Can I help you?”

A perfect yes/no question. That always gets my favourite response - “Just Looking!”. Why ask if you know this is what people say by default!?!?


3. “Did you guys need anything?”

Wow. You just totally blew me away with such a creative and imaginative opening line. Please take my money... actually I’m “just looking”


2. “Are you happy just to look around?”

Well now that you’ve given me permission, I am very much happy to look around.... and not buy from you!


1. “You guys don’t need any help?”

Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why don’t you just tell me I should save my money and go home!


What’s the worst opening line you’ve heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment